Friday, May 29, 2009

Pinks All Out at O'Reilly Raceway Park

Hey everyone! Let me introduce myself…My name is Katie Gammon and I am the new Communications Intern at O’Reilly Raceway Park. I’ll have to start off by saying “wow” to an amazing start of the drag-racing season. As you may be aware, PINKS All Out (Speed TVs hit television show) has been touring the country and are visiting Indy’s own O’Reilly Raceway Park this weekend. I guess you could say as an intern, I’m in the right place at the right time. What luck for my second week on the job!

So as today’s drivers make their way to the track to test and tune for tomorrow’s show, I was fortunate enough to walk around, take in and capture the exciting and energetic atmosphere of the track this weekend. While some spectators anxious to see the cars on the strip, others more interested in the show (Seriously, I was asked about ten times if I was a PINKS crew member…ha!) But, as for the drag-race enthusiast, you couldn’t ask for a better event… the weather: beautiful, the crowd: massive and more importantly, the cars: wicked (and for those who don’t own a Katie-Glossary, wicked =awesome)

… I must be in intern heaven. Just take a look for yourself.















Intense, right? Well, there’s certainly more to come, but that’s it from me for now. I’m sure by tomorrow morning I’ll have plenty of more exciting info., updates and stories as I continue my experience at the O’Reilly Raceway Park. Oh, and don’t forget to stop by the O’Reilly Raceway Tent tomorrow from 12-8PM, and come say hi! Until then…

I’m out!
~Katie



(And now for a shameless plug: O’Reilly Raceway Park tomorrow. You’ll wanna be there. ) Details:
Gates open at 9:00 AM
Time Trials start at 11:00 AM
Main feature will begin at 8:00 PM
And don’t forget…food, drinks and exhibition run makes for an all-day event.

No comments:

Post a Comment