Friday, July 24, 2009

NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: The Need for Speed...Fest.

Well, it's day number 2 here at the 2009 Kroger SpeedFest at O'Reilly Raceway Park, and I must say to those who aren't joining us...BUMMER to you!! And yes, I'm totally "geeking" out. (fyi: "geeking" = freaking out in a completely geeky manner). Currently, I am sitting in the media center of O'Reilly Raceway Park's oval looking over the insane view I have. Drivers walking the pits, crew members prepping the trucks and fans overwhelmed with excitement, much like myself.


Qualifications are over, and the excitement builds as we come closing in to the main event. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series AAA Insurance 200, presented by J.D. Byrider race starts approximately in 1 hour, 30 minutes. Right now, drivers and crew cheifs are having a meeting, trucks are lined up, people are scrambling to find seats and I am sitting cozy with a front row seat in the media center (yes, what a burden for me....)




And after all the minor drama around here, (low toner in the printer and losing the golf cart key for a brief second) I need a break!! Hahaha...this is me totally kidding. Yes, I continue to love my internship and it never falls short of surprising me with more interesting people to meet and entertaining gigs to do! SpeedFest, by far, blows ALL other events I have EVER been to right outta the water.

Continuing on my note of all the interesting people I have met... This list includes Gary, The Copy Guy; Dale & his trusty side kick, a.k.a. The Gate Keepers; John "My Brotha", Caterer Extraordinaire; and last...but certainly not least, my boss: G Fabulous, Scott Smizzle. These people had made my time here extra special, and I have learned a lot from some...and a little from most (haha...I kid, I kid!!). But, never the less my time here has been memorable and I'm glad I'm able to share these experiences with you all!

But, here's to looking forward to the future (but, not too far..) and living in the moment! Well, this blog has officially taking me to the beginning on Driver Introductions..nice! I'm out

More to come soon...I promise!

Peace,
K-Gamz

No comments:

Post a Comment