Tuesday, July 14, 2009

SpeedFest: Rapidly Approaching




The driver introductions for the 2008 Kroger 200, NASCAR Nationwide Series Race.



Intern Jennifer and I at O'Reilly Raceway Park getting ready for SpeedFest!


I'm back...and busier than ever. It's the most wonderful time of the year (and I'm not talking about the holidays, folks). This is the moment I, as an intern at O'Reilly Raceway Park, have been waiting for. Doing promotions at various events including PINKS All Out was great, creating the program for SpeedFest was fun...but nothing could prepare me for one of the most exciting and adrienaline-pumping races of the season. As a self-proclaimed NASCAR-baby, I can't explain the how COOL (yes, for the lack of a better term) the O'Reilly Raceway Park's fast-pace atmosphere is around here. From spectating the coordination of events to watching the cars hit the track for some action-packed practicing & racing...there is ALWAYS something keeping me entertained. Wow, once again I make my internship sound rough, huh?





But, I can't lie. It's been great working here at O'Reilly Raceway Park, especially with these amazing staff (yes, my boss paid me to say that) ..And with the SpeedFest only 2 weeks away, it's a very bitter-sweet feeling. I think that's what I love most about this industry...it's all about...well...the love. The appreciation of the cars and the love for the sport, itself. Pretty respectable. And so I don't get too cheesy (whoops, already happened), I'll switch the subject back to SpeedFest.































NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at O'Reilly Raceway Park.
NASCAR Nationwide Series cars in the pits.






Whew! Just the name sounds intense...which it is. This year marks the 2009 Kroger SpeedFest featuring three nights of action packed racing under the summer lights on the famous O'Reilly Raceway Park oval. The weekend kicks off with exciting USAC open-wheel action on Thursday July 23rd. On Friday night, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series takes the track for 200 laps of fender-to-fender battles. Past winners include Rick Crawford, Ron Hornaday, Carl Edwards and last year's winner Johnny Benson. And on July 25th (Saturday), the weekend concludes with the running of the 28th annual Kroger 200, NASCAR Nationwide series race. Past winners of this fierce event include Kevin Harvick, Brian Vickers and defending race winner, Kyle Busch.





One of the three new 2009 Kroger SpeedFest Program covers. This one features the NASCAR Nationwide Series race.



So, there you have it...the reason why my summer has been completely and utterly amazing. And the best part is, there's more to come at O'Reilly Raceway Park! I will be updating more often as SpeedFest rapidly approaches (hahaha...so you can't get rid of me yet!!)





Gotta run...literally,
Intern "K"


~Ps. Keep up with any and all action happening at O'Reilly Raceway Park by following us on many social media Web sites: Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and of course this fabulous blog: In the Groove with O'Reilly Raceway Park on BlogSpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment